Tuesday, January 8, 2013

B is for Blessings

So many blessings in our lives, and what better way to start a new year, than counting our blessings?

1. Living near family and cousins!
       We could not be more blessed with happy, beautiful nieces and nephews that keep us all smiling.
       And now we can see so many of them in a short drive (or walk!).
       Never knew what a blessing and impact this could be for the kids and me!
       A small smattering of a few of them:


( and uncle Jojo has some cool yoyo skillz)

2. Girlie Accessories:
        Headbands, glasses, purses... this little girl can bat her eyes and feel prettier than the rest of us combined.

3. Good Hardworking Doctor B:
      Great man, great job. Pretty great beard, too... 

4.  That my kids like shopping more than I do:
        Who knew Ben loved modeling... well, I did know that he loves ANYTHING new to him.  The mall is a happy place for Ben.  We took pics instead of buying most things...  


5. Chore charts and checklists.  My kids now do the dishes and make their beds!

6.  Answered prayers.  Even when it is not the answer or clarity I was hoping for, Heavenly Father does answer our prayers, and can give so much clarity about who we are and who we can be.

7.  Children feeling the Holy Ghost, and recognizing it with sharing love.  Most conversations in our house that invite the Spirit are sporadically interrupted with hugs and kisses.  They know it.  They love it.

8. Music. If I can sing one uninterrupted hymn with the organ on Sunday, I am filled for the week.  Truth comes more quickly to my heart and brain this way.  And I am thankful that my reading children sing along with me now.  And that My little Diddy sings more than she talks.  This is her happy language.

New Year: new post, new blog title... Generally new blogging goals.
Lucky 13.

2 comments:

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

loved reading all of your blessings! wish we could be around you all more! luckily we have a wedding coming up! Hope to see at least a few of you soon! we miss you all:)