Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Backpack Lost FOREVER... we thought.

A true story as told by Mary:

After the big snow storm there was a very tall pile of snow in front of our house.

One evening I left my backpack on the top of the pile of snow, where no one could see it.
I left it there all night.
The next morning, the snow plow came and put all of the snow piles from the front of our house, to one huge pile next to our house.
After they moved the snow, I couldn't find my backpack. I had to take a tanish back pack to school instead.

We all liked to play on the huge pile of snow. While we were playing our Mom tried digging each end of the pile to see if she could find my backpack under it.

One day, my mom thought she saw something under the snow, but it was just a card board box.

Days after days, I would have to take my Mom's tanish backpack from college.
The boys would like to play on the huge pile of snow while I was at school.
Finally, after two weeks, we could see my backpack peeking out,
since it had warmed up to 50 degrees for a couple days.

My mom dug up more.

I pulled it out!
I had to hold it by one finger so that it would hang from it. It was heavy.
On the top of the strap, it was freezing!
My water bottle was frozen and the melting water was gross.
My new little notebook was soaked!
My little eraser bear was wet, but, gladly, inside my book bag was dry.
It was a little stinky, but we got it clean and dry, and after a few days I could take it to school once more.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never leave your backpack out overnight. If you do, be sure to realize it BEFORE the snow plows come, or else they might put it under a big pile of snow, or take it on a truck out to the lake, and you might never get it back again!!!

THE END

2 comments:

cblakes said...

Why didn't we build bike ramps on that hill?

Way to go Mary.

Kristin Leclercq said...

This is one of her greatest stories ever. Mary save this for our special book. You can print it and we can include it just like it is. GREAT!